- Overview of Foundation
- SAI HIRA INDIA FOUNDATION, General Incorporated Foundation
- Established on October 24th, 2013
- Registrated on November 30th, 2018
- Representative Board of Director:
- Ryuko Hira
- Representative Board of Director: Ryuko Hira
- Born in India, 1948 and Naturalized as a Japanese citizen in 1976.
- President & CEO, HMI Hotel Group
MR. RYUKO HIRA, BORN IN INDIA 1948. NATURALIZED AS JAPANESE 1976. PRESIDENT OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD. (HMI HOTEL GROUP) (http://www.hmi.co.jp/) AND SEVERAL GROUP COMPANIES IN THE TRAVEL AND TOURISM INDUSTRY. ENGAGED IN SIGNIFICANT JOINT PROJECTS IN RAILWAYS, AIRLINES, AIRPORTS, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND TOURISM. ENGAGED FOR 51 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT, OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF HOTELS AND RESORTS IN JAPAN. COMPANY BRANDS INCLUDE “CROWN PALAIS”, “PEARL CITY”, “SEA PARK”, ”GREEN PARK”, “WELLNESS” AND TSUMAGOI RESORT “SAI NO SATO”. CURRENTLY OWNS AND OPERATES 60 HOTELS ANNUALLY SERVING 13.7 MILLION JAPANESE GUESTS, WITH ITS FLAGSHIP HOTEL IN OKINAWA, RIZZAN SEA PARK RESORT 860 ROOMS SINCE 1993, WHERE THE G8 SUMMIT 2000 WAS HELD, HOSTING FRENCH PRESIDENT CHIRAC AND CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER CHRETIEN AND OTHER STATES GUESTS. ALSO HOSTED H.I.H. THE CROWN PRINCE OF JAPAN NARUHITO IN 1998 AND THEIR MAJESTIES, EMPEROR AKIHITO AND EMPRESS MICHIKO IN JUNE 2008 AT SHUHOKU HOTEL. THE COMPANIES’ OPERATIONS PROVIDE SALES, MARKETING AND TECHNICAL SERVICES FOR REGIONAL HOTELS.
ADVISOR TO TOURISM PROMOTION WORKING GROUP AT THE MINISTRY OF LAND INFRASTRUCTURE AND TOURISM.
CURRENTLY MR. HIRA IS HONORARY CHAIRMAN OF PUBLIC INTEREST CORPORATION THE INDIAN COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION JAPAN, ICIJ ESTABLISHED 1921. ESTABLISHED HIGH LEVEL ASSOCIATIONS TO PROMOTE JAPAN INDIA EXCHANGES IN OKINAWA, SHIMANE, TOTTORI AND TOYAMA PREFECTURES. PROMOTED FRUITION OF STATE LEVEL MEMORANDUMS BETWEEN MAHARASHTRA - WAKAYAMA (2013), ANDHRA PRADESH - TOYAMA (2015), KERALA - SAN-IN (2015), KARNATAKA - MIE (2016), GUJARAT - HYOGO (2016). BOARD MEMBER OF SEVERAL ECONOMIC, CULTURAL AND SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS. MANAGING TRUSTEE OF SAI HIRA INDIA FOUNDATION AND DIRECTOR OF JAPAN-INDIA ASSOCIATION ESTABLISHED 1909 FOR FOSTERING JAPAN-INDIA RELATIONS.
SINCE 1978 PUBLISHED BOOKS AND PERIODICALS AND CONDUCTED VARIOUS SEMINARS AND INITIATIONS ON INDIAN CULTURE,SPIRITUALITY AND EDUCATION( PART OF THEM AS FOLLOWS). CONFERRED PRAVASI BHARATIYA NATIONAL AWARD OF HONOUR IN 2010 FROM PRESIDENT OF INDIA.
MR. HIRA HAS BEEN ENGAGED IN OWNING, MANAGING AND ADMINISTRATING MORE THAN 60 SCHOOLS IN INDIA, INCLUDING SATHYA SAI UNIVERSITY AS WELL AS 41SCHOOLS IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES.
IN JAPAN, AS HIS LIFE WORK OF MORAL EDUCATION, HE HAS CONDUCTED “TRAINING SEMINAR FOR TEACHERS” （1995～2014）, “PARENTING SEMINAR”（2000～）AT KYOTO UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION AND OTHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS.
HE HAD ALSO HELD “HUMAN VALUES DRAMA FESTIVAL FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS” （2001～2007）WITH THE SUPPORT OF PREFECTURAL AND MUNICIPAL BOARD OF EDUCATION OF THE VENUES.
WITH THE SUPPORT OF FOREIGN MINISTRY AND BOARD OF EDUCATION ETC. , HE INITIATED "AN EXHIBITION ON CULTURAL & ECONOMICAL EXCHANGE BETWEEN INDIA-JAPAN " FOR AIMING AT STUDENTS’ EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE（2012・2015）IN SEVERAL PREFECTURES.
WITH THE SUPPORT OF EMBASSY OF INDIA AND INDIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY TOKYO, HE ORGANIZED "STUDY OF INDIA" （2012～）AT 16 UNIVERSITIES AND HIGH SCHOOLS IN KANTO REGION.
THERE ARE MANY BOOKS PUBLISHED LED BY HIM, INCLUDING “MORAL EDUCATION LESSON PLANS VOL. 1~4”, “ＥＨＶ（EDUCATION IN HUMAN VALUE) SONG CD VOL. 1~3”, AND WITH GAKKEN PUBLISHING, HE PUBLISHED A COMIC BOOK "SECRET OF INDIA" WITH THE SUPPORT OF EMBASSY OF INDIA AND NATIONAL CONGRESS OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS ASSOCIATIONS, WHICH HAD BEEN PRESENTED TO 23,500 ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AS WELL AS PUBLIC LIBRARIES ALL OVER JAPAN.
- Board of Director:
- Yuzuriha Yuji
- Board of Director: Yuzuriha Yuji
- Executive Officer General Manager of Facility Development Department, Hotel Management International Co., Ltd.
- Director, Dynasty Co., Ltd.
- Business Executive Officer, G.K Irago Resort
General Manager, Overseas Trading Co., Ltd.
Deputy Director, Hiraco Estate Co., Ltd.
Director, Aura Urban Development Corporation
Director, Shinryo Co., Ltd.
through those positions, incumbent
- Board of Director:
- Miller Alan James
- Board of Director: Miller Alan James
- Makoto Ishii
- Auditor: Makoto Ishii
- Administrative Manager, Hira Holdings Co.,Ltd.
- Manager of president’s office, Hotel Management International Co.,Ltd.
- Secretariat Make In India, The Indian Commerce and Industry Association Japan (ICIJ).
- Part Time Professor, Sacramento City College.
- Psychology, Consciousness, Spirituality, and Integrative Health Specialization, Ph.D., Saybrook University.
- M.A. in Human Development, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota.
- Steiner College, USA.
Moved to the USA.
- Dispatched German to study by bank, Treasury department in Head office, Sumitomo Banking Corporation (Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation)
- Meiji University Faculty of Law
- 6-1 Koami-cho, Nihonbashi, Chuo, Tokyo
- Fiscal year:
- from September 1st to August 31st
- We aim to contribute to the further development of mutual trust, friendship, and welfare between two countries and among global society, by practicing events, projects and tasks which promote mutual understanding, communication, tourism, cooperation, and charity between Japan and India, as well as by expanding these opportunities.
- （1）To increase the public benefit between Japan and India and among global society through tourism, economics, philosophy , and culture.
- （2）To support tourism and various events between Japan and India including funding .
- （3）To support healthy children / youth development between Japan and India.
- （4）To implement and support cultural projects that aim for mutual understanding in the local community between Japan and India.
- （5）To research and support philosophy and culture between Japan and India.
- （6）To implement charity that aims for contribution to the further development of mutual trust, friendship, and welfare between Japan and India, and among global society.
- （7）To analyze, offer, and accept statistical information between Japan and India.
- （8）To publish the documents related to tourism, economics, philosophy, and culture between Japan and India as well as implement public relations activities.
- （9）To support, train and exchange people who will contribute to further development to tourism, economics, philosophy, culture, and so on between Japan and India.
- （10）To promote exchange and communication among the academic experts between Japan and India.
- （11）To utilize assets for this Foundation such as the lease business in real-estate, etc.
- （12）To implement other necessary tasks and projects which achieve our purpose.
- August 30, 2022
- Donated to cricket match held in Sano-City Tochigi Prefecture.
- April 25, 2022
- Donated for Budda Poorinima Festival in India.
- November 18, 2021
- Donated to Sai Spiritual Foundation Chicago-USA for their activities.
- November 11, 2021
- Donated to Nonprofit organization (Indian Scientists Association in Japan) for their activities.
- May 26, 2020
- Donated to Sathya Sai organization Japan for their activities.
- November 12, 2019
- Donated to Japan Nonprofit organization Oki Yoga Kyokai for promo.
- April 22, 2019
- We donated to「MENUMA SHOUTENZEN 840th Anniversary Hibutsu Honzon Gokaiaou Daihoukai」and received certificate of appreciation from MENUMA SHOUTENZEN.
- March 22, 2019
- Donated Musical Instruments to Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning Brindavan Campus.